21

Wearing
Sunglasses- Mango
Pants - Bik Bok
Shoes - OTZ






Happy birthday to me! I turned 21 so that means I can finally go to Vegas. Now that the age is in check, I just need the money. Easy peasy... Right? This year's birthday was awesome as my twin Elna flew in from Cardiff for a week. After two years of spending our birthday apart we finally got to spend it together again. 
We started the day by going out for late breakfast and ordered a ridiculous amount of food. (Tends to happen when I order while being hungry, the same with grocery shopping...). The people working at the breakfast place were so sweet because when we were brought our food, the pancakes had birthday candles in them. After breakfast we did some casual shopping and lounged some more with a friend in a rooftop garden of the local tea place. During the night our friends surprised us by sending us on a scavenger hunt, which culminated in a dinner they had prepared. Afterwards we went out of course!
My friends tend to make fun of me because I love celebrating birthdays, mine or someone else's, doesn't matter. The reason why I find birthdays so special is that it is the one day when all the people you care about gather around and show you that they care about you. It's the best feeling in the world.
I also love celebrating the birthdays of others because of that same reason. It is the one day where it is completely socially acceptable for me to shower the people I care about with love and get to make them feel special without it being weird. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely LOVE buying gifts, for example. That's why it's awesome to have a twin since I still get to buy a gift and show some love on my own birthday. Elna is super similar in that respect and our gifts for each other always go overboard for that reason. 
This year again I was so overwhelmed by how many people took the time to wish me happy birthday. For some reason it always surprises me. So if you happened to wish me happy birthday this year then I thank you truly from the bottom of my heart. Celebrating my birthday made me feel just like it was meant to: happy to be alive, in this exact time and space.


Kisses,
J

The outfits of the night