Madrid pt 1

Wearing: 
Jacket - Nelly
Sweater - Bik Bok
Skirt - Bershka
Shoes - H&M

































Last weekend I took a spontaneous weekend trip to Madrid. I called it 'my burn-out holiday' since I booked it a bit 'extemporé' on the previous week, right before my exams obviously (hence the term, duh). I suppose that's the beauty of living smack in the middle of Europe. You can find crazy cheap offers. 
I had never been to Madrid before so needless to say I was incredibly excited. Madrid is such a curious and extraordinary city. It has such wonders and secret little places enfolded within its numerous streets and squares, if you know where to look. The architecture changes rapidly from one neighborhood to another. One moment it would remind me of the beautiful old streets of Rome and the next moment it resembled the aristocratic Paris. Yet, when it all comes together, Madrid is unique. 
On the first night we went out and danced the whole night to reggaeton to celebrate my friend's birthday. It was so much fun because I already knew a variety of songs from my Spanish friends. The next day we did some heavy sightseeing, including Sol, Plaza de España, the royal palace, sunset from the hill of the temple de Debot, and the lit cityscape of Madrid from a beautiful rooftop bar. 
Another fun aspect of the trip was that during it many of my friends from Maastricht also happened to be visiting for one reason or another, (e.g. one friend had a day-long layover in Madrid on his way from Maastricht to Peru and chilled with us for the day, one was visiting home, etc) so it was fun to meet up with them and roam the city together. It also left me feeling a bit surreal, as it felt like just one moment ago we were all in Maastricht and then the next moment everyone ended up in Madrid. 
With regard to fashion, lately I've been obsessed with mustard hues as seen on my sweater. Loyal to my new obsession, I went and bought a skirt also that's mustard yellow. It may sound weird to some, but shh just trust me on this. I will blog it very soon. (picture ominous laugh in the distance.) Besides, is something that my style crush Olivia Palermo totally would wear.
My second tourist OOTD coming up on the second part. 
Also, who is excited for New York Fashion Week for Men? I know I am! Brands I loved so far were Michael Kors (as obsessed with fur and turtle necks), Public School, Carlos Campos, and Todd Snyder. Loved Tommy Hilfiger as well even though it was a bit colorful for the taste of someone who loves to wear black so much... oh and now mustard yellow).

Hopefully more stories of my travels and fashion escapades coming soon. 

So much love,
J